'I never went to university' - Says 63year old richest woman in Africa folorunsho Alakija


63year old richest woman in Africa and chairman of Famfa Oil, Mrs Folorunsho Alakija yesterday August 27th revealed that she never went to a university, saying one does not need a university education to make it in life. Mrs Alakija said this while speaking with students of the University of Lagos during the 2014 UN International Youths Day in Lagos.

"I come from Ikorodu, Lagos state. I am married to a dashing young lawyer of 70 years of age and we have four grown up gentlemen and grandchildren. It has not been a rag to riches fairytale. It has not been an overnight phenomenon like some cases which you find here and there all over the world. For as long as I can remember, I had always wanted my own business. Hard work...am trying to tell you how I got to where I am if you want those billions. Hard work, diligence, persistence...days where you nearly gave up but I chose not to give up." Continue...


It would have been easy to compromise but I chose not to and I stayed focus. I could have stayed a secretary as my father desired according to his plan for me but I had bigger aspirations. I dreamt big. God strengthened me and gave me wisdom. I had a passion and burning desire to succeed. Being a secretary, a banker, a fashion icon, a cooperate promoter and printer, a real estate owner, an oil magnate, that I can assure you was no easy feat. Firm belief that what is worth doing is what doing well or not doing at all. I took charge of my life with the tools I have shared with you. I chose to become born again at the age of 40. I chose to make a covenant with God that if he would bless me I would work for him all the days of my life. I chose to hold on to the cross and look up to him every step of the way. Today additional accomplishment includes a wife of almost 40 years, a mother, grandmother, ministry, counseling, outreach, NGO Rose of Sharon Foundation for widows and Author, writer, author of several inspirational books. All I say to the glory of God. So I am 63 and I am not yet done. So what is your excuse? I never went to a University and I am proud to say so because I don't think I have done too badly. You do not have to have a University education to be able to make it so count yourselves privileged to have that education as part of the feather in your cap" she said.

Latest news:
1. PureWickedness!!! Unical Boys Videoed Themselves Abusing a Girl in an Uncompleted Building See Video


2. Private Video of Popular Female Singer doing private things leaked by her boyfriend. See Video >>>>>>>>> HERE

Comments

  1. So tru she is truly an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ,i am trying to send a video to your blog, can you kindly let me know how i can send it? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe in what you just shared, Education is obviously not a guarantee,I try as much to preach this to my younger brother whom always feel because he didn't get admission into our Universities with dead curriculum is a bad omen to him .I must send this article to him to raise his hope in life

    ReplyDelete
  4. This inspires a lot. This woman is a role model.

    ReplyDelete
  5. meaning the students she's addressing should pack their books aside and move to the street; since university education is less important? I don't get the point or reason why she is addressing university like that. that is highly demotivating for the struggling students

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose the point she is making is that without a university education, she has attained so much as to be the richest woman in Africa with the Almighty's help. So, with the students' university education, they can attain the stars with the Father's help. It's up to them how they manage their life and resources.

      Delete
    2. Don't you read her last sentence or u don't understand her English, why not go through it again and again before you make your comment. She said "............so count yourselves privileged to have that education as part of the feather in your cap" she said. What she was trying to tell them here was that, if she can make it without going to the University then they have greater chance to make it bigger because they are well equip and well informed in the University than the person that didnt go to the University.

      Delete
    3. thats true, there is alot of sense in what you have comment

      Delete
    4. i think your ears are deafened or may your eye are blinded or may be you are one those university graduate who just pass through school and never allow school to pass through them...get it now, this role model is trying tell you that nothing can stop you from achieving your goals in life contributing to the education they have is like a bird with wide wings whereas she hadn't that wings but get to her destination. this is an inspirational word...wear's you say if this woman can get to this level without education it means i can do better with education get it into your head.

      Delete
  6. THE ESTHER OF THIS AGE..

    AM SO OPTIMISED..
    THIS IS A LADY OF INVALUABLE REPUTATIONS...

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Cote)she not say the student should pack their book aside and move to the street since university education is less important or meaning less ( end of cote) My Dear Anonymous try to get what this woman is saying being educated is not Guarantee to succeed in life point number one stayed focus, hand-work, persistence ,diligence and never give-up. and prayed for wisdom LEAVE THE REST FOR GOD TO HANDLE.-AT THE END OF THE DAY YOU SHALL HAVE COST TO PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY GOD -BRO OLUMIDE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes she is a role model and makes one know you can go up the ladder like she did if we seek God"s face to know where he wants us to go in life and hard work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment