MEET The New Glamour Girls of Yoruba films! [Photos]

Joke-Jigan
List of the newest reigning queens of Yoruba films. 
Meet them and hear a little about them:

My mom gave me money to produce my first film — Joke Jigan

Amiable, pretty and lovely Joke Jigan, known in the industry as Bisola Beyonce is a big thing waiting to happen. Even though she only started acting professionally three years ago, she has produced five of her own films.

“I started acting in 2005 but was doing it part time until three years ago. Acting is what I’ve always wanted to do, it’s not something that happened to me by accident. I’ve always loved it from day one and I am so glad I am doing it now. The first film I produced was Idoti and it was okay. My mum gave me money to produce it and I had friends in the industry that helped on location,” she told Potpourri.


Joke isn’t just a bundle of talent; she is easy on the eyes and a bit heavy on the chest but if you ask her what is unique about her, she would tell you it is her simplicity. She is also a consummate actress that brings life to her characters.

“I’ll do what’s asked of me concerning my chosen career. I am not saying I’ll go naked to interpret a role or have real s*x in a movie to prove I am a professional but I’ll do whatever I am asked to.

I do whatever my script says – Awele EdotaAwele-Edota

Awele Edota is from Asaba, Delta State but where destiny has taken her is making a living as a Yoruba actress. A delicate beauty with a touch of glamour and style, Awele came into the industry through Muyiwa Ademola who tutored and led her to the path where she has become the face that not only delights but also entertains.

“I joined the Yoruba movie industry in 2008, when a friend introduced me to Muyiwa Ademola. My first film was Awure Eni by Rilwan Adebayo; I got the script through Sodiq Adebayo. But my most popular films are Koboko and Sekowale, by Yinka Oladele,” she narrated.

The Mass Communications graduate from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta, Ogun State, says acting is what comes to her naturally and she doesn’t see any role she cannot play.

“I will do whatever my script says. I believe it is the hallmark of a good actress. I can go as far as kissing on set but will never go n*de.

I can act any role as long as I am comfortable with it — Tope Osoba

Tope-Osoba
Some have called her the most beautiful and s*xiest Yoruba actress rocking the Yoruba sector of Nollywood right now. Whether they are right or not, it is all left to the eyes to do the seeing. At least they say ‘seeing is believing’. Delightfully busty Tope Osoba started out as a video vixen until, according to her, acting found her.

“I really didn’t choose acting, I guess acting chose me. The first movie I ever featured in is titled IJOYA. I can’t really tell which is my most popular movie yet. And I have produced two films yet to be out. The first is Single Ladies and Ifedolapo” she told Potpourri in a chat.

“I want people to look forward to the premiere of my film, Single Ladies. It is going to be awesome, amazing and classy. Date, time and venue of the big day will be disclosed soon,”she quipped.

Tope is such a bundle of talent and one not given to too much scruples when it comes to the roles she could pick up. We saw Tope the Stripper in Igboro Ti Daru and Tope the uptown girl in Gucci Girls.

“I can act any role as long as I am comfortable with it. I can only do my best as long as I am comfortable with it, and then let’s shoot. I am human really, so that doesn’t make me really different from my peers but the truth is I am just me, it’s really hard to fake it,” she added rather smugly.





Vanguard

Comments