#PECADOMO: HELLO MUMMIE…I’M A CHEF

I was alone again on my balcony and reflecting on how motherhood was reenacted during my December visit to mum’s after three years. I got deeply emotional and was prompted to compose her a love poem. Of course, Ann Taylor’s ‘My Mother’ came to mind. I picked my phone and called. Mum was quiet but I could hear her excited breathing beneath my cracked voice.
Who sat and watched my infant head
When sleeping on my cradle bed
And tears of sweet affection shed
My mother
I continued singing, swelling up with each verse, and struggling to hold my burst.
Until the last stanza!
When thou art feeble, old and grey
My healthy arm shall be thy sway
And I will soothe thy pains away
My mother

Then it happened. I couldn’t hold it anymore. I lost the struggle and tears erupted, freely flowing down my cheeks, mum was crying too. It was an emotional moment I couldn’t find words to describe; the priceless feelings, the loud silence, the agelong understanding… Oh motherhood, how can I ever forget your kindness? What can I do to repay you? What have you not done for me? Thank you maami.
Mum has been a great help, a support and an inspiration to me, and I constantly seek unique opportunities to create experiences to at least, repay a portion of her kindness.
Part of what mum taught me was how to cook a good meal and I’m planning to cook for her. She has cooked for me all her life and I want to do the same for her. The fast approaching Mother’s Day is a perfect opportunity to show mum the Chef in me. I’m planning to drive from Lagos to Ilorin just to cook for her. I would buy all the ingredients here in Lagos then hit the road. No matter how tired I am, I’m going straight into the kitchen to make her one of the most nutritious and nourishing food on earth.
Well, I might have limited knowledge of recipes but you can never go wrong with pecadomo. It is the simplest and smartest form of getting nutrition; it means Peak Can Do More which is a new trend among the health-conscious Nigerians, embracing the use of Peak Milk beyond the traditional bread and tea. Peak Milk is now used in the preparation of traditional foods like eba, semo, amala, pounded yam, etal.

Even at her age, mum still needs good nutrition. As a retired nurse, she has private health consultancy business which requires sharper mind and stronger body, and pecadomo is that perfect strategy of meeting her nutritional needs as critical nutrients are situated at key culinary touchpoints.
Why Peak Milk? Peak is an iconic brand of quality nurturing generations since 1954; and produced under strict hygiene.  Peak is nutritious, and enhances the mental and physical performances of consumers. So join me in the next Mothers’ Day as we show mum the Chef in You, nurturing her to health and nutrition.
This might be the simple idea to connect with mums again, sometimes, its not always about that expensive gift but a unique experiences that invoke emotions and create lasting impressions.
Knock-knock-knock, Mum I’m hooome.

Comments