MY MUM, MY HEART





There are women everywhere, but mothers are rare to find. Mothers are a bundle of emotions that sometimes defy reason. A mother is the best friend anyone could ever ask for. When everyone else turns away, she will always turn towards you. When you fall, she’s the one that helps you up and when your heart is filled with despair, she’s the one that gives you a glimpse of hope.
At a time when society urges women to seek their worth and personal fulfillment in things that take them away from their families, real mothers stick to their children.
My mum has been there from my first breath to my first broken heart. She sees right through me and always knows what’s wrong. Then reassures everything will be alright even when she doesn’t know what went wrong.
One thing we always forget to do is tell our mothers how thankful we are for everything. On Mothers’ Day, the world sets aside one day to do what we should do every single day; tell our moms that we love them and that that will never change.
Thank you mum for teaching me how to read even before I got into school. Thank you for being always proud of me when I read to people so early in age and they marvel. Thank you for your heartache and worries to watch me disappear down the street, walking to school alone for the very first time.
Thank you for crying silently when I seemed to have gone astray. Thank you for bringing me back to my senses through your love and understanding. Thank you for staying awake all night whenever I fell sick and constantly uttering those compassionate and reassuring words, “Mommy’s here.”
Thank you for making me who I am today.
You were there for my first breath, I promise to be there for your last, and we will be together for everything in between.
As a token of appreciation, I will be home on Mothers’ Day to give mum a pecadomo treat. Hmmm, Pecadomo again?!
Well, pecadomo is a twist to the turn.
Traditionally, Peak Milk has been associated with bread and tea time but through the ingenuity and creativity of Peak brand, it has gone beyond that. Peak Milk is now used in in the preparation of everyday meals like eba, semo, amala, pounded yam, fufu, etal. Wow!

That means right from our everyday meals, we can get super-nourished and access the ‘sharper mind and stronger body’ which Peak Milk offers. Peak is an iconic brand nurturing generations since 1954; and produced under strict hygiene. Peak is nutritious, and enhances the mental and physical performances of consumers.

So as I prepare mum a delicious pecadomo Pounded Yam and Egusi Soup on Mothers’ Day, we will gist about the past and recount the beautiful story of our friendship. As I wish you happy Mothers’ Day Mum, always remember that Peak Can Do More. #pecadomo.

Comments